- McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2022). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (5th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 14, “The Electronic Health Record and Clinical Informatics” (pp. 293–316)
- Chapter 15, “Informatics Tools to Promote Patient Safety, Quality Outcomes, and Interdisciplinary Collaboration” (pp. 323–349)
- Chapter 16, “Patient Engagement and Connected Health” (pp. 357–378)
- Chapter 17, “Using Informatics to Promote Community/Population Health” (pp. 383–397)
- Chapter 18, “Telenursing and Remote Access Telehealth” (pp. 403–432)
- Dykes, P. C., Rozenblum, R., Dalal, A., Massaro, A., Chang, F., Clements, M., Collins, S. …Bates, D. W. (2017). Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study Download Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study. Critical Care Medicine, 45(8), e806–e813. doi:10.1097/CCM.0000000000002449
- HealthIT.gov. (2018c). What is an electronic health record (EHR)?Links to an external site. Retrieved from
- Rao-Gupta, S., Kruger, D. Leak, L. D., Tieman, L. A., & Manworren, R. C. B. (2018). Leveraging interactive patient care technology to Improve pain management engagementLinks to an external site.. Pain Management Nursing, 19(3), 212–221.
- Skiba, D. (2017). Evaluation tools to appraise social media and mobile applicationsLinks to an external site.. Informatics, 4(3), 32–40.