Apply a model of cultural competence to personal practice beliefs.
- Reflect on the 5 constructs of Campinha-Bacote’s model of The Process of Cultural Competence in the Delivery of Healthcare Services: Cultural desire, Cultural Awareness, Cultural Knowledge, Cultural Skill, and Cultural Encounters. (See Chapter 2)
- Review the Mission statements and values of St. Thomas University and its Nursing programs.
- Reflect on your learning during this course.
- Evidence of reflection on Campinha-Bacote’s cultural competency model and/or STU mission and values.
- Your personal beliefs.
- Your philosophy statement(s) related to culturally competent nursing care.
- Implementing your beliefs.
- Continuing your journey towards cultural competence.
APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources.
- no shorter than 1 pages; nor longer than 2 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Incorporate a minimum of 2 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to current APA style