Beefsteak is a fast-casual restaurant concept from acclaimed Chef José Andrés that focuses on the “unsung power of vegetables.” José Andrés is a world-renowned chef and owner of a number of restaurants. He was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his work with disaster relief through his non-profit organization World Central Kitchen. Andrés’s mission is to change the world through the power of food.
For this assignment, you will be developing a recruiting and a selection strategy for Beefsteak to include both managerial and staff positions. You will want to think through the three sequential stages of recruiting found in Chapter 11 of the textbook:
- Sourcing: process of generating a pool of applicants.
- Assessing: evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities, and other characteristics necessary to perform a job.
- Employing: process of moving the desired candidate into employment
First, consider and discuss the importance of Beefsteak having a positive organizational image and brand, and the impact on recruitment. Take into consideration the importance of recruiting for diversity. Next, you will need to develop a selection process, starting with the application, recommendations, employment testing, past experience, drug screening, computer-based screening, and interviewing. Be sure to consider both managerial and staffing positions for both the recruiting and selection strategies.
In this paper,
- Analyze Beefsteak’s company profile and business model.
- Construct a recruiting strategy using the three-sequential stages.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity in recruiting, Beefsteak’s brand, contemporary human capital topics, and predictive analysis.
- Create a selection strategy for both managerial and staff positions.