The topic this week is qualitative research. The required article for Discussion 1 can be found in the UAGC Library. Here is the reference: Westas, M., Mourad, G., Andersson, G., Neher, M., Lundgren, J., & Johansson, P. (2022). The experience of participating in an internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy program among patients with cardiovascular disease and depression: A qualitative interview study. BMC Psychiatry, 22(1), 294. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-022-03939-7Links to an external site.
Discuss and Critique a Mixed Methods Research Study [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 2, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the instructor guidance, the mixed methods section of Chapter 7 and all of Chapter 10 in the Creswell and Creswell text, and Chapter 2: Formulating Questions, Conducting a Literature Review, Sampling Design, and the Centrality of Ethics in Mixed Methods Research of the Hesse-Biber ebook. Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference for the mixed methods research study you will discuss and critique in this discussion. The study will be found in the UAGC Library. Refer to the Library resource How Do I Find an Article When I Have a Citation? Links to an external site.if you need help finding the article.
In your initial post, consider the following:
- What is the research question? Does the research question clearly call for both qualitative and quantitative methods?
- Which type of mixed methods research design was used?
- What procedures were used to recruit participants for the quantitative sample and the qualitative sample? Were the sample sizes appropriate? Why or why not?
- What ethical considerations were mentioned in the research report? What applicable ethical considerations can you think of that were not mentioned by the researchers?
- Would you have designed the study differently after evaluating how well the researchers carried out each part of the study? If so, how?
- Would a mixed methods approach be suitable for the research topic you chose in Week 1? Why or why not?