In Topic 2, you read three articles about the role of the researcher. In Topic 3, you took this process a step further and completed the Emerging Writer Worksheet. In that assignment, you identified two themes, supported them with evidence from the articles, built a thesis claim and outlined your paper. In this week’s assignment, you will build on your outline and write a synthesis paper about the role of a researcher using evidence from the articles to support your themes.
General Requirements:Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the articles by Coffman, Putman, Adkisson, Kriner and Monaghan (2016), Garcia and Yao (2019), and Inouye and McAlpine (2017) located in the Topic Resources.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
Directions:Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that synthesizes the Coffman, Putman, Adkisson, Kriner and Monaghan (2016), Garcia and Yao (2019), and Inouye and McAlpine (2017) articles. Your paper should include the following:
- An introduction that introduces and provides context for the topic. This includes presenting a clear thesis statement.
- Support for your identified themes with evidence from each article. Synthesize your discussion of the topic to support your thesis.
- A conclusion that demonstrates support of your thesis statement, brief summary of the main points from your two themes, and recommendations for future research on the topic.