Understanding the basic tools needed to perform a vulnerability analysis allows a better understanding of the technical capabilities and limitations associated with scanning technologies.
Complete the following:
- View the “Vulnerability Scanning Lab” video, located in the Class Resources.
- Provide screenshots and information related to vulnerabilities against Kioptrix 3, Nmap -p- -A #, Kioptrix 3 website, Kioptrix 3 website page source, dirb command, Nikto, and OWASP ZAP.
Write a 500- to 1000-word lab report and include a title page, table of contents, overview, and summary. Address the following in the summary:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of applications if they were directly related to a financial institution, government entity, or an eCommerce website in terms of cybersecurity in preventing crime and abuse.
- Describe potential vulnerabilities with Nmap -p- -A #, Kioptrix 3 website, Kioptrix 3 website source page, Nikto, and OWASP ZAP.
- Identify at least two different potential web extensions that could provide information to an attacker and describe why it is dangerous.
- Explain a defensive strategy to offset the vulnerability.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.