The purpose of this assignment is to gain global health perspective of public health topics and to learn how to write a public health goal statement. See link below for a list of countries/health top
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to gain global health perspective of public health topics and to learn how to write a public health goal statement. See link below for a list of countries/health topics (no other alternative countries/topics allowed). Students will then write a brief paper fulfilling all of the requirements below.
You must choose a topic from this list. No other topics will be allowed (Topics attached in file)
- 500-750 words (not including in text citations or reference list)
- Double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, 1” margins, essay format
- Less than 20% of the word count should be direct quotes
- Submit to the correct link in assignments. This uploads your paper to TurnItIn a plagiarism detection device. See plagiarism information under Institutional Policies.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure
Use APA referencing style. Must cite all sources of information. See APA Style Citation Guide in Canvas.
- Do not need to include APA formatting (for example, title page, running head, or abstract)
- All information must be accurate
- Use current (within 10 years), peer-reviewed journal articles (example: Journal of the American Medical Association) or non-partisan data (example: World Health Organization). Be wary of non-credible sources or biased sources.
- 1 reference must be a peer-reviewed journal article published within the past 10 years
- All information must be from reputable and reliable academic sources
- Note: Governmental publications, such as the MMWR, are credible but do not qualify as peer-reviewed journal articles. Peer-reviewed journal articles are externally reviewed for accuracy and content.
- Students who submit a paper written on a topic other that one approved/assigned by the instructor will automatically receive a 50% point deduction.
Background information about the country in 1 paragraph (This is your introduction paragraph)
- Include at least 3 different pieces of background information that are relevant to public health.
- These 3 pieces of background information should be related to social, political, and economic determinants of health and how they contribute to population health and health inequities in your given country.
- Some examples may include access to health services, population distribution by age, human rights and/or political issues, economic issues such as poverty, urban or rural distribution of population, social, religious, or cultural norms as it pertains to your topic. The connection to your topic should be made obvious.
- This section should not deal directly with your health problem. Rather, it should help the reader understand your country from an outsider’s perspective, yet be relevant to public health, in general.
Brief description of the health problem in 1 – 2 paragraphs
- First, define the health problem
- Second, include risk factors (causes) and consequences (effects) for the health problem, specific to your country.
- Last, include at least 2 pieces of epidemiologic data published within the past 10 years on the health issue and within the country of interest, which may include incidence rates, prevalence rates, and/or death rates. These two pieces of data should take the form of numbers.
- At least one reference for this section must be from a peer-reviewed journal article published within the last 10 years.
Brief description of prevention strategies in 1 paragraph
- Include at least 1 primary, 1 secondary, and 1 tertiary prevention strategy for this health issue in your country.
- Identify each prevention strategy as primary, secondary or tertiary prevention.
Create an original goal statement (1-2 sentences) that addresses a way to improve the health problem/improve health. It must follow the structure as described below by being concise, measurable, specific, and realistic. In addition, it must include the following:
- Who is the target population? All citizens of country does not represent a specific target population.
- What is the health problem? Choose just one problem to address in your one
- How much change (represented by a percent) do you anticipate? Tip: A 10% change within 10 years is a realistic goal for developed nations, such as the U.S. If your country is developing, then you may expect less change in 10 years.
- By when will the change occur? This should be represented by a specific end date, not a range.
- Realism. If you are unsure about a goal’s realism, I recommend you review goal statements from Healthy People 2020: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/
- Example goal statement for the problem of Hearing loss among German elderly adults, leading to social isolation: Our goal is to improve the identification of hearing loss in elderly adults. German adults between the ages of 70 – 85 (who) will experience an increase hearing screenings (what) by 10% (how much) within the next 10 years (by when).
- Notice the goal statement includes the 4 required components: who, what, how much, and by when. It is also realistic.
Conclusion paragraph: Now, we want to look more broadly at the impact of globalization on global burdens of disease.
- Describe the impact of globalization on worldwide population health, broadly, not just specific to your chosen country or health issue.
- Describe how globalization helps and hinders health.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper