In the Discussion this week, you will discuss the importance of the learning objective selection, how to unpack the learning objective in order to determine performance outcomes, and identification of performance levels demonstrating student mastery.
In the Discussion, respond to the following questions:
- How do you select a learning objective for your weekly instruction?
Identify a content standard from the Common Core Standards (
) for your class or area of study.
- How do you unpack the learning objective or content standard (steps, stages, strategies)?
- What are important factors in identifying student performance outcomes for the content standard?
- How do you determine the smaller learning objectives (subtasks) inside a larger one?
- What steps do you take to make sure all portions of the learning objectives are included in the daily or weekly plans?
- How do you communicate the learning objective or content standard to your students?
- How do you know that students have mastered the learning objective or content standard?