Imagine you have been hired to oversee the HR department of a large hospital system. The hospital system’s board of directors has requested that you provide a presentation to them on the strategies you want to implement in the HR department that would benefit the hospital system as a whole. This assignment will provide you the opportunity to determine strategies for effective employee recruitment, selection, training, development, and performance appraisal needed for effective performance management.
You will create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation for the board of directors.
Additionally, you will create a graphic of your choice. There are a variety of tools in the Microsoft Office 365 suitable for creating graphics.
Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 15 slides addressing HR strategies within the health care industry for effective employee recruitment, selection, training, development, and performance appraisal.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Section 1: Recruitment strategies or methods
- Identify 5 recruitment strategies or methods.
- Indicate whether each strategy or method is internally or externally focused.
- Describe each strategy or method and why it is appropriate to health care.
- Section 2: Job analysis, description, and specifications
- Create a graphic, such as a flowchart, Venn diagram, or graph, as an image, PDF, or other file format showing the differences among:
- Job analysis
- Job description
- Job specifications
- Section 3: Training and education
- Explain why training and education are vital in health care.
- Explain the importance of measuring competencies.
- Describe the process for tracking and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Describe performance appraisal standards within the health care industry.
- Identify guidelines for effective performance appraisals. Include possible barriers and their effect on the appraisal process.
- Describe the due diligence of progressive discipline of employees within the health care field.
Include detailed speaker notes of at least 100 words per slide and a references slide.
Cite at least 4 references to support your assignment.
Format your references slide according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.