Play the Expert Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please review the following websites, and read the following required articles: Ethical Decision Making (Links to an external site.)The Dif
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Play the Expert
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please review the following websites, and read the following required articles:
- Ethical Decision Making (Links to an external site.)
- The Difference Between Deductive and Inductive Reasoning (Links to an external site.)
- ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors (Links to an external site.)
- To Tell or Not to Tell: The Fine Line Between Minors’ Privacy and Others’ Right to Know (Links to an external site.)
Play the expert in the following scenario and apply ethical decision-making to your rationale and actions. Be mindful of section F in the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors (Links to an external site.) (p. 8):
When faced with an ethical dilemma, school counselors and school counseling program directors/supervisors use an ethical decision-making model such as Solutions to Ethical Problems in Schools (STEPS) (Stone, 2001):
- Define the problem emotionally and intellectually
- Apply the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors and the law
- Consider the students’ chronological and developmental levels
- Consider the setting, parental rights and minors’ rights
- Apply the ethical principles of beneficence, autonomy, nonmaleficence, loyalty and justice
- Determine potential courses of action and their consequences
- Evaluate the selected action
- Implement the course of action
You are a school counselor at a rural high school. You have been counseling a student, and he confided in you that one of his friends has recently engaged in sexual relations with one of the teacher’s daughters. (She is a friend of yours.) He does not divulge the name of the other student and refuses to talk any further about the issue.
Address the following:
- What ethical considerations must be considered in this situation?
- How does confidentiality affect your considerations and actions?
- What options might you have to address the situation?
- Ethically, since this is hearsay, are you legally obligated to address?
- Using appropriate citations and references, explain how the empirical research, theoretical models, and ethical standards presented in the assigned resources suggest the importance of applying ethical decision-making strategies to scenarios such as these.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper