MSN CLASS Write a 4-7 page analysis of your care setting that supports development of a strategic plan and includes both the discovery and dream phases of an appreciative inquiry (AI) project and a st
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
MSN CLASS Write a 4-7 page analysis of your care setting that supports development of a strategic plan and includes both the discovery and dream phases of an appreciative inquiry (AI) project and a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis of the care setting.
Identifying analysis techniques for assessing competitive advantage is important for building health care strategy. Sustaining health care competitive advantage requires that leaders understand environmental demands to assist with minimizing weakness and threats from the external environment. This assessment provides you with an opportunity to examine your health care environment to determine whether what is being accomplished in your organization, department, team, community project, or other care setting is making a positive difference.
Note: You will use the results of this analysis to develop a strategic plan in Assessment 2.
You have been asked to conduct an analysis of your care setting that will result in two potential pathways toward a strategic plan to improve health care quality and safety in your organization, department, team, community project, or other care setting. To accomplish this, you will take two approaches to the analysis:
- Complete the discovery and dream phases of an appreciative inquiry (AI) project.
- Conduct a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis.
To help ensure that your analysis is well-received, the requester has suggested that you:
Present your analysis results in four parts:
- Part 1: Appreciative Inquiry Discovery and Dream.
- Part 2: SWOT Analysis.
- Part 3: Comparison of Approaches.
- Part 4: Analysis of Relevant Leadership Characteristics and Skills.
- Your analysis should be 4–7 pages in length.
Note: As you revise your writing, check out the resources listed on the Writing Center’s Writing Support page.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
One key aspect to being an effective leader, manager, or administrator is an awareness of your leadership strengths, weaknesses, and style.
- How would you assess your general leadership, communication, and relationship-building skills?
- How would describe your leadership style?
Imagine the future for a care setting that is your place of practice or one in which you would like to work.
- What aspirational goals can you envision that would lead to improvements in health care quality and safety?
- How well do these goals align with the mission, vision, and values of your care setting?
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so at a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
Writing, Supporting Evidence, and APA Style
- Communicate professionally when conducting interviews and collecting data.
- Write clearly, with professionalism and respect for stakeholders and colleagues.
Integrate relevant sources of evidence to support your assertions.
- Cite at least 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence.
- Include relevant interview information.
Format your document using APA style. Use the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX]. Be sure to include:
- A title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- Properly formatted citations and references.
- Proofread your writing to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult to focus on the substance of your analysis.
Part 1: Appreciative Inquiry Discovery and Dream
Synthesize stories and evidence about times when a care setting performed at its best with regard to quality and safety goals.
- Collect stories from your care setting. You may collect stories through interviews or conversations with colleagues or provide your own.
- Explain how your stories are related to quality and safety goals.
- Describe the evidence you have that substantiates your stories.
- Identify the positive themes reflected in your stories.
- Describe other evidence (for example: data, awards, accreditations) that validates your care setting’s positive core.
Propose positive, yet attainable, quality and safety improvement goals for your care setting.
- Explain how accomplishing these goals will lead to ethical and culturally-sensitive improvements in quality and safety.
- Explain how your proposed goals align with your care setting’s mission, vision, and values.
Part 2: SWOT Analysis
Conduct a SWOT analysis of your care setting, with respect to quality and safety goals.
- Provide a narrative description of your analysis.
- Identify the assessment tool you used as the basis of your analysis.
- Describe your key findings and their relationships to quality and safety goals.
Describe one area of concern that you identified in your SWOT analysis—relevant to your care setting’s mission, vision, and values—for which you would propose pursuing improvements.
- Explain how this area of concern relates to your care setting’s mission, vision, and values.
- Explain why you believe it will be necessary and valuable to pursue improvements related to this area of concern.
Part 3: Comparison of Approaches
Compare the AI and SWOT approaches to analysis and reflect on the results.
- Describe your mindset when examining your care setting from an AI perspective and from a SWOT perspective.
- Describe the types of data and evidence you searched for when taking an AI approach and a SWOT approach.
- Describe the similarities and differences between the two approaches when communicating and interacting with colleagues.
Part 4: Analysis of Relevant Leadership Characteristics and Skills
Analyze the leadership characteristics and skills most desired in the person leading potential performance improvement projects, taking both an AI and SWOT approach.
- Explain how these characteristics and skills would help a leader facilitate a successful AI-based project and a successful SWOT-based project.
- Comment on any shared characteristics or skills you identified as helpful for both AI and SWOT approaches.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
Competency 1: Evaluate qualities and skills that promote effective leadership within health care organizations.
- Analyze the leadership characteristics and skills most desired in the person leading potential performance improvement projects, taking both an appreciative inquiry (AI) and a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) approach.
Competency 2: Apply strategies to lead high-performing health care teams to meet organizational quality and safety goals.
- Synthesize stories and evidence about times when a care setting performed at its best with regard to quality and safety goals.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis of a care setting, with respect to quality and safety goals.
- Describe an area of concern identified in a SWOT analysis—relevant to a care setting’s mission, vision, and values—that should be improved.
- Compare the AI and SWOT approaches to analysis with regard to data gathering and interactions with others.
Competency 3: Apply cultural, ethical, and regulatory considerations to leadership decision making.
- Propose positive, attainable quality and safety improvement goals for a care setting.
Competency 5: Communicate with stakeholders and constituencies to build collaborative partnerships and create inclusive work environments.
- Communicate analyses clearly and in a way that demonstrates professionalism and respect for stakeholders and colleagues.
- Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper