Discuss and Critique a Quantitative Research Study [WLOs: 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 2, 4] Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the instructor guidance, the quantitative section of Chapter 7 an
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Discuss and Critique a Quantitative Research Study [WLOs: 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 2, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the instructor guidance, the quantitative section of Chapter 7 and all of Chapter 8 in the Creswell and Creswell text, the chapter by Meltzoff and Cooper titled Chapter 6: Research Designs and Threats to Internal Validity Links to an external site., and the article by Henrich et al. titled Most People Are Not WEIRD Links to an external site.. Also review Standard 8 of the APA Ethical Principles for Psychologists and Code of Conduct Links to an external site.from last week.
Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference for the quantitative research study you will discuss and critique in this discussion. The study will be found in the UAGC Library. Refer to the Library resource How Do I Find An Article When I Have A Citation? Links to an external site.if you need help finding the article.
In your initial post, consider the following:
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of experimental and nonexperimental quantitative research.
- State the research question the researchers were trying to answer in the study.
- Identify the type of quantitative research design that was used in the assigned study.
- Evaluate whether the researchers’ conclusion follows logically from the evidence presented.
- Identify threats to internal and external validity that might apply to how this study was conducted.
- Determine whether validity threats were addressed by the researchers. If so, describe how this was done.
- Summarize ethical considerations that were mentioned in the research report.
- Assess what ethical considerations apply to the design of the study but that were not mentioned by the researchers.
- Explain how you might do a study on this topic differently and why your approach would be more appropriate than the one used by the researchers.
- Evaluate whether a quantitative approach would be useful for the research topic you chose in Week 1.
- Describe the actions you would take to ensure that a quantitative study on your topic would be ethical.
- Support your evaluation of the study with citations and references of the required readings and other peer-reviewed sources. Refer to the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.tip sheet to help determine which sources are appropriate.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper