After reading Chapter 3 – Part 1 Case: Nestle’s ERP Odyssey (Wk2_Nestle.pdf located in this week’s module), create your initial post on the DQ 3 Discussion Board in response to the following questions (answer each question in 2-3 sentences. 2 points/question):
- What business objectives did Nestlé USA want to achieve by implementing a company wide ERP system?
- Why did Nestlé employees resist the new ERP system?
- What proved effective for managing employee resistance?
- What technical problems did the ERP project encounter?
- What was the primary lesson that Jeri Dunn, the CIO of Nestlé USA, took away from the ERP project? Explain why.
- In the end, how did ERP help save money?