Prepare a 4–6-page case analysis on the topic of strategic management and why it is critical to the success of an organization in meeting its goals and mission. In your analysis, respond to the following question: What is strategic management and why is it critical to the success of an organization in meeting its goals and mission?
Your analysis of this case and your written submission should reflect an understanding of the critical issues of the case, integrating the material covered in the text, and present concise and well-reasoned justifications for the stance that you take.
Case analysis criteria: Your case analysis should consist of:
- A brief analysis of the situation and pending decision problem, as presented in the case, and as relevant to your answer. This should be exceptionally brief and you should assume the person reading the Assignment is familiar with the details of the case.
- Identification of the major issues surrounding the organization or individuals involved with the organization.
- Identification of alternate courses of action to address the issues identified.
- The decision or recommendation for action, with the appropriate supporting arguments.
- The case question is designed to guide the direction of your analysis in the case. Your analysis should address and ultimately answer the question.
You may discuss your case analysis Assignment with the class, but you must submit your own original work.
Case analysis tips: Avoid common errors in case analyses, such as:
- Focusing too heavily on minor issues.
- Lamenting because of insufficient data in the case and ignoring creative alternatives.
- Rehashing of case data — you should assume the reader knows the case.
- Not appropriately evaluating the quality of the case’s data.
- Obscuring the quantitative analysis or making it difficult to understand.
Typical “minus (–)” grades result from submissions that:
- Are late.
- Are not well integrated and lack clarity.
- Do not address timing issues.
- Do not recognize the cost implications or are not practical.
- Get carried away with personal biases and are not pertinent to the key issues.
- Are not thoroughly proofread and corrected.
Make sure your document includes:
• Your name
• Course name and section number
• Unit number
• Case name
• Page numbers
The case analysis should be a minimum of 4–6 pages long, double-spaced. Check for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and usage. Citations should be in APA style.