BU Equality of Opportunities Essay
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
- King’s Dream Remains an Elusive Goal; Many Americans See Racial Disparities, PEW Research Center, 2013
- The Narrowing, But Persistent, Gender Gap in Pay, Nikki Graf, Anna Brown, & Eileen Patten, PEW Research Center, 2019
- Why the Debate about equal pay for U.S. Women’s Soccer isn’t that Clear Cut, Megan McArdle, The Washington Post, 2019
- Still the Land of Opportunity?, Isabel V. Sawhill, The Brookings Institution, 1999
A Case Study in Equality of Opportunity
Learning Objective: The theme of equality of opportunity is examined through the specific lens of a case study.
Please note: Additional requirements for the Primary Assignment can be found by clicking on the Course Assignment Comments headline (above).
For your assignment this week, research two groups in American society. Use research to provide support for your persuasive argument. For your research, you can use data from peer-reviewed sources, PEW, Gallup, Brookings, or a Federal Agency such as the U.S. Census Bureau. Devote at least 250 words to each group.
- Identify a group in American society that has been, at any time since 1633, treated with less than an equal right to opportunity. This group might identify by race, religion, gender, ethnicity, cultural or historical background, handicap, sexual preference, geographic location, education, job, immigration status, and so on. However, over time, this group has overcome many of the obstacles that have restricted their rights. Use research to find an example of this group’s success.
- Identify a group in American society that has been, at any time since 1633, treated with less than an equal right to equality of opportunity. This group might identify by race, religion, gender, ethnicity, cultural or historical background, handicap, sexual preference, geographic location, education, job, immigration status, and so on. However, over time, this group has failed to overcome obstacles that have restricted their rights. Use research to find an example of this group’s lack of success.
- Conclude your research with a 100-word discussion of why one group has been successful while the other group continues to struggle. What did you learn by comparing and contrasting these two groups? What is our role as individuals to help obtain equal rights for others?
Each Primary Assignment requires
- an APA style bibliography,
- use of APA style in-line citations, and
- adherence to the 3+1 Rule.
The 3+1 Rule requires students to use a minimum of three assigned readings from the current week and one from a previous week. This rule encourages students to review and connect the assigned readings from week to week.
- Gettysburg Address, A Lincoln, 1863
- Capitalism and Freedom, Chapter 1, pg 7-21 (PDF pg 24-38), Milton Friedman, 40th Anniversary Edition, 2002
- The Case against Equality of Opportunity, Dylan Matthews, Vox, 2015
- People Don’t Actually Want Equality, They Want Fairness, Paul Bloom, Evonomics
- The Good Society, Amitai Etzioni, Seattle Journal for Social Justice
- I, Pencil, Mises Daily Articles, Mises Institute, 2017
- I, Pencil, Audio Essays, Mises Institute, 2009
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper