Unit 3 Homework Assignment Prompt: Complete the unit homework questions below and submit them. Ace Manufacturing produces 1,000 hammers per day. The total fixed cost for the plant is $5,000 per day, a
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Unit 3 Homework Assignment
Prompt: Complete the unit homework questions below and submit them.
- Ace Manufacturing produces 1,000 hammers per day. The total fixed cost for the plant is $5,000 per day, and the total variable cost is $15,000 per day. Calculate the average fixed cost, average variable cost, average total cost, and total cost at the current output level.
- For mathematically-minded students, what is the algebraic relationship between the equation for output and the equation for marginal product in Exhibit 2 of Chapter 7? Explain the circumstances under which the long-run supply curve for an industry is a horizontal line. Next, explain the circumstances under which the long-run supply curve for an industry is an upward-sloping line.
- Does a Kansas wheat farmer operate in a perfectly competitive market structure? Explain.
- Consider this statement: “A firm should increase output when it makes a profit.” Do you agree or disagree? Explain.
- Suppose a perfectly competitive firm’s demand curve is below its average total cost curve. Explain the conditions under which a firm continues to produce in the short run.
- Suppose independent truckers operate in a perfectly, competitive constant-cost industry. If these firms are earning positive economic profits, what happens in the long run to the following: the price of trucking services, the industry quantity of output, and the profits of trucking firms?
- Why is the demand curve facing a monopolist downward sloping, while the demand curve facing a perfectly competitive firm is horizontal?
- Explain why you agree or disagree with the following statements:
A. “All monopolies are created by the government.”
B. “The monopolist charges the highest possible price.”
C. “The monopolist never takes a loss.”
9. Explain why a monopolist would never produce in the inelastic range of the demand curve.
10. Suppose the demand and cost curves for a monopolist are as shown in Exhibit 10 in Chapter 9. Explain what price the monopolist should charge and how much output it should produce.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper