Ashford University Financial Ratios for ABC Healthcare Corporation Question
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Create a 4-6 page report that analyzes financial ratios for a company, uses the data to tell the financial story of that company, and concludes with a recommendation on whether the company would be a viable partner based on its financial condition.
It’s essential for senior management to know the financial condition of an organization in order to make strategic decisions. In this assessment, you will apply the financial management skills learned thus far.
- Tell the financial story based on financial statements.
- Conduct a financial analysis and identify focus areas for enhancing shareholder value.
- Interpret ratio computations that are meaningful and inform business decisions and strategies.
- Make three recommendations that maximize shareholder value.
Maria Gomez is founder and president of ABC Healthcare Corporation, a company that owns hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, urgent care centers, and outpatient clinics. She has called on you to review various financial documents and to make recommendations to maximize shareholder value.
You are one of Maria’s high-performing financial analyst managers at ABC Healthcare Corporation and she trusts your work and leadership.
Here is what your report should provide for Maria:
- A summary of the financial strength of the company through your analysis of the price/earnings and price/book ratios.
The CFO for ABC Healthcare Corporation assessed the market value by reviewing its price/earnings ratios. The price/earnings ratio determines the market value of a stock as compared to the company’s earnings. The price/earnings ratios are listed in the chart below. To calculate the price/earnings ratio, the CFO took the earnings per share and divided that into the market value. As an example, this means that in 2019 investors were willing to pay $12.10 for $1 of earnings.
|Earnings Per Share||6.91||7.87||9.15|
To further assess market value, the CFO looked at book value per share. The book value per share ratio is the per share value of a company in terms of the equity available to stockholders. The book values per share over the past three years are listed in the chart below:
|Book Value per Share||199.1||209.05||226|
|Price to Book Ratio||.42||.40||.37|
The price-to-book ratio (P/B ratio) compares a firm’s market capitalization to its book value. It’s calculated by dividing the company’s stock price per share by book value per share. Here, for fiscal year 2019, the book value per share ratio was 0.42. This explains that investors were willing to pay $0.42 for $1 of book value equity. Price to book value is an important measure to see how much equity shareholders are paying for the net assets value of the company. P/B ratios under 1 are typically considered solid investments.
- Based on your analysis, what is your general perception of the company’s financial strength? Is it performing well given industry standards? How does it compare to its closest rival, HCA Healthcare? What information do you need in order to conduct such an analysis?
- Given your review, how can it maximize shareholder value? What are focus areas for enhancing shareholder value for the long term? What short-term steps might be necessary for longer-term gains?
- In your analysis you may choose to look at competitive data. You may calculate ratios to gain a true comparison.
- After conducting your analysis, provide at least three recommendations to Maria that maximize shareholder value.
Create a report that tells the financial condition of this company. Your report should provide information on the following:
- Analysis of the financial statements.
- Evaluation of the true condition and valuation of the company.
- Recommendation of actionable items for the company based on the financial analysis.
Financial Condition Analysis Report Requirements:
Remember that you’re preparing a professional document meant for executive leadership with limited time.
- Title Page.
- Executive Summary.
- Company Background.
- Overall Financial Analysis.
- Financial Ratio Analysis.
- Trend Analysis.
- Competitive Comparative Analysis.
- Appendix (if you have additional data, reports, charts, et cetera, to support your analysis).
Your report should follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines, including single-spaced paragraphs.
- Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and quality.
- Format your paper according to APA style and formatting.
- Use at least three scholarly resources.
- Length: Between 4–6 pages of content, beyond the title page, references, and appendices.
- Use 12 point, Times New Roman.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper