Ashford University Recommendations Address to the HR Challenge Proposal Paper
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Prepare a 3-4-page report on how you plan to approach employee talent development, employee success, retention, and the employee experience issues with viable recommendations for solutions.
What is the employee experience from the employee’s perspective? The employee experience is when an employee considers their work more than just a job. Employers hope for that possibility, even though it is unlikely every employee in the organization will attain a high level of enjoyment from their work and their work environment. The employee perspective means pride in their employment and a passion for what they do, whom they do it with, and respect for their organizational leadership.
We have arrived at a time in history where talent matters and retaining that talent is not a simple or inexpensive process. Employees today desire a great deal more than employees have in the past. Work has become more important to employees than ever before. Expectations for dynamic, interesting work and a work environment that enhances the process of work grows ever greater each year. The workplace takes up the vast majority of an employee’s life, and this previously accepted tradition of work not being fun or even tolerable has been rejected. In addition, the idea that an employee’s career is for them to manage may be true, but management can make that a great deal more exciting and productive if the pathways to success are clear and available.
You are an HR professional at a large teaching hospital with responsibility for the areas of employee talent development and employee experience (sometimes called employee perspective). The hospital’s mission is to integrate a broad spectrum of clinical care, teaching, and research, with special emphasis on the health of children and their families, for two states on the east coast of the United States.
Recently, you have observed high rates of turnover across a number of occupations. Licensed practical nurses, radiologist technicians, surgical technicians, pharmacy technicians, medical assistants, laboratory technicians, and dietitian assistants are at the top of the list of people your hospital cannot keep. You have been conducting exit interviews and talking to current employees about what the areas of concern are that could be influencing the high rate of turnover.
As it turns out, another hospital in the area that has been aggressively recruiting new employees. The hospital is associated with a medical school and an external physician assistance program. They are using a completely new employee experience approach that includes:
- Advancement opportunities through joint university and technical certification programs.
- Cross-field rotations.
- Tuition assistance.
- Scholarship programs for entry into the physician assistant program.
- Work time for physical fitness.
- Co-located complimentary daycare for second and third shift staff.
- A gourmet cafeteria.
These benefits are part of what the private hospital calls a comprehensive work-life career-investment program for employees. Your institution has a legacy cafeteria and nothing that mirrors the other hospital’s employee experience program. Additionally, recent engagement surveys indicate that employees are not getting the career guidance from team leaders and supervisors that they think they should. Several surveys of employees found that they felt they are not valued or considered part of the organization and that “only doctors and RNs really mattered.”
This assessment examines how to assess the effectiveness of employee talent development and employee experience (employee perspective). Consider the challenging conditions that you would face in the situation presented.
- What would your next step be in confronting the HR challenge faced by the hospital from a competitive standpoint? Should you present the differences between your hospital and its competitor’s programs to your supervisors or even the hospital director? If yes, why, and how would you go about that? If not, what would your rationale be for your decision?
- What research would you do? Making the type of changes that the other hospital made is a major effort in cost and from an organizational culture and employee-valuing perspective.
- What challenges might you face from your own HR director? From medical staff leaders and others? The cost of current turnover is coming close to 15% of yearly salary for some positions, and the loss of institutional knowledge is affecting treatment quality, according to a panel of physicians and nursing staff.
- What new and different programs might be introduced into the organization to improve the employee experience considering the scope of challenges that were discussed in the introduction?
Your job in this assessment is to use the guidance from above to prepare a report for your supervisors on how you plan to approach the employee talent development and employee experience (employee perspective) problems with viable recommendations for solutions. Please provide at least six academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
Prepare a 3–4-page report that states your recommended course of action. Along with your recommendation, include the following:
- Analyze, from a competitive standpoint, how proposed recommendations address the HR challenge faced by the hospital.
- What is the scope of the differences between your hospital and its competitor?
- What would it take to emulate the competitor’s programs?
- Describe key factors considered to support the major effort and cost it would take to enact changes in organizational culture, which could be embraced by employees.
- What challenges would be faced by trying to emulate the competitor’s programs?
- What would the risks be by not addressing the differences between your hospital and its competitor?
- Explain how to mitigate cost of current turnover and the loss of institutional knowledge that is affecting treatment quality.
- What is causing the turnover?
- What actions can you take to address the issue?
- Describe programs you would introduce to improve the employee experience.
- What are the different parts of your programs?
- What are they intended to do?
Review the HR Challenge: The Employee Experience – Pathways to Employee Success and Retention Scoring Guide to see the criteria by which your assessment will be evaluated. Before submitting your assessment for evaluation, review your draft in SafeAssign to check your use of source material.
The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in Human Resources Management (HRM) to workplace situations which you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your learning, we focus on the development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace. Your assessment should meet the following additional requirements:
- Length: Your plan should be 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the cover and resources pages.
- The first page should be a cover sheet with your name, the course number, assessment title, and date. No other information is required on this page.
- The last page should be the reference list.
- Organization: Make sure that your assessment writing is well-organized, using headings and subheadings to organize content for the reader.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Resources: Use a minimum of six references from academic, scholarly, or professional publications.
- Evidence: Support your assertions with data and in-text citations.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format guidelines.
- Written communication:
- Support main points and recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
- Address the appropriate audience, using familiar, discipline-specific language and terminology.
- Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper