The Reflective Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading materials, as well as, new materials discussed and researched throughout the course. The eight to ten page paper should integrate readings, discussions, and prior work and life experiences. It may include explanations and examples from previous experience, as well as implications for future application.
The Reflective Paper must focus on three of the major topics of discussion listed and identified throughout the course. Identify the impact these topics can have on the administration of the law enforcement organization. The topics for a summary include the following which are identified in subject order:
- Organizational Structure and Community Policing
- Leadership and Motivation
- Leadership Styles
- Organizational Communication
The Reflective Paper must identify the main issues within the selected areas of reference, depict the learning that has occurred throughout the course, and relate specific, current, and/or relevant experiences from your past or current workplace and/or organization that demonstrate applicable learning and understanding. The emphasis of the Paper should be the expression of gained knowledge and learning.
Writing the Reflective Paper
The Reflective Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources
- Must document all sources in APA style