Part 1: Service System Applications
Use the company that you chose to work with for your business plan that you will complete for your Integrative Business Capstone. (Refer to the Student Success Guide found under the Welcome to the Course folder for more information on the business plan.)
Identify the type(s) of service system used in the company or a certain part of the company. (You will implement the service system that you select in the third Competency Assessment.)
Write a 500-word analysis of the service system. Complete the following when writing your analysis.
- Identify the service system that you will implement.
- Outline and highlight the system’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Include an analysis of industry comparisons, if available.
Part 2: Organize a Project
Review the various responsibilities of a project manager by organizing a project. See Chapter 19, sections 19.9 and Cases. The project will be a continuation of how to improve the process you chose in Competency 1.
Apply project management tools and a project management outline type of your choice to structure and plan the project by defining, planning, and controlling.
Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation (supported by Excel and Word as needed), with detailed speaker notes, that includes the following:
- Project description
- Project Management Charts (Critical Path, Gantt Chart, etc.)
- Improved Process Flowchart from Competency 1
- Meeting cadence/rhythm and timing
- Metrics to measure the project’s success
- Financial and budgetary considerations
- Description of the project reporting structure