Assignment 1: Contracting and the FAR
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Imagine that you are a contracts officer for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and that your supervisor has tasked you with the procurement of a new software system for processing tax returns.
Use the Internet to research one (1) scandal related to government procurement that has occurred within the past four (4) years.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and conclude whether or not these regulations overall offer adequate protection of the collective buying power of the American people. Prepare an argument in support of your position.
- Based on the scandal that you have researched, determine whether or not the executive branch is the proper branch to effectuate change that would provide checks and balances for the purchase of good and services for the United States government. Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the legal and administrative framework and economic considerations of the federal procurement process.
- Distinguish between the various types of contracts and considerations for use.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in procurement and contract law.
- Write clearly and concisely about procurement and contract law using correct grammar and mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
assignmentgeeks.net is a professional academic writing facility that assists students.Nonetheless under no circumstance should our customers submit our assistance as their own.
Send us a text or WhatsApp message for immediate assistance
+1 (940) 305-2632
- December 2023
- November 2023
- October 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- September 2020
- January 1970