Imagine that you have been invited to join a strategic leadership team seeking a wireless software solution and vendors that provide mobile devices to extend electronic health record (EHR) system accessibility. Review several vendors and their products. Summarize the top five vendors and their products. Explain why you chose these vendors.
Write a 1000-1,500 word Request for Information (RFI) that includes the following criteria:
- Summarize vital criteria you would require in the ensuing Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor demos (if applicable) in order to make your final selection recommendation.
- Describe the selection process requirements: demonstrations, presentations, testing, install, etc.
- Discuss rating by third-party organizations, such as KLAS Research.
- Discuss any feedback from site visits or current user interviews.
- Discuss the details of their pricing models and contracts, including contractual duration, cost of severing the contract early, support fees, upgrade fees, and service-level agreements.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
For the week 6 paper write the paper as if you are on a team selecting an EHR. All EHRs now have mobile device offerings. As you discuss criteria #1 for the paper, you can include mobile device functionality in your discussion on the vital criteria you would require.
This paper is also about the RFP process. Include somewhere within your paper, the five EHR vendors your team has selected to be part of the RFP process and why those five vendors were selected. Some suggestions are to include this information in your introduction, add a separate header for this discussion in your paper and/or discuss the five vendors as part of one of the criteria – for instance, criteria #3 – ratings by third parties.