Part One: Discussion – Capstone Project, Strategic Panning
Managers achieve goals by working and interacting with people in order to motivate them. They also inspire a shared vision and appeal to people’s values and motivate them to care about the corporate goals or an important mission.
Review the “Penelope at Work – A Lesson on Professionalism” video in your lecture and discuss the following:
- In your opinion, did Penelope’s boss manage the situation effectively? What would you have done the same or different?
- In what ways did Penelope violate professional etiquette and why? Why is professionalism important in the workplace?
- How do you think a manager can motivate someone like Penelope to care more about the company mission and goals?
Part Two: Business Capstone Project – Strategic Planning
It is now time to begin the strategic planning phase of your project. You have been hired as a consultant to help MovieFlix solve a business problem. You’ve previously described to MovieFlix’s leadership the first step to helping them solve their problem. Now it’s time to provide them with a full plan and timeline.
For your project this week, you will need to do the following:
- Create a chart/table where you detail a SWOT analysis for MovieFlix. For your SWOT analysis, you need to list 3 internal strengths, 3 internal weaknesses, 3 external opportunities, and 3 external threats for MovieFlix.
- In 1-2 paragraphs, discuss the information that you put into your SWOT analysis. Why did you list the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that you did? Why are they strengths, weaknesses, etc.
- Now detail the rest of the steps that you will guide MovieFlix through to reach a positive resolution to their problem. Make sure that you provide their leadership team with a timeframe for when you anticipate the project to be completed by.
- Remember to use proper tone in your paper. You are speaking from a “consultant” point of view. Your audience is the Leadership Team at MovieFlix.
- Make sure to include an APA formatted title page and reference page for sources that you may have used for your research. Remember to follow APA guidelines when paraphrasing or quoting information. Don’t forget to cite your sources and include in-text citations as necessary.