A major key in all frameworks of the infrastructure is the human element. The human link in the chain of human operations of maintenance, monitoring, and control of every aspect of infrastructure reliability, strength, and support. In an ironic twist of a two-sided blade, the human factor is both a strength and weakness.
- If a vulnerability assessment is conducted and significant vulnerabilities are identified, what should be done if funding for strengthening the component is simply unavailable? Explain.
- How much information should be disseminated to the public with regard to weaknesses in critical infrastructure? Explain.
- Consider the factor of human error in critical infrastructure and address the following:
- How will you ensure that personnel are competent and qualified for keeping the nation’s critical infrastructure safe? Explain.
- What significant weaknesses and risks exist with regard to personnel, training, and operating the nation’s critical infrastructure? Explain.