You have been given an assignment by your supervisor to assist detectives in recovering a personal computer from a house that was involved in a child pornography case that detectives are investigating on one of the occupants in the residence. You know from previous recovery situations that it is easy for valuable information to get destroyed from a computer if the recovery is not done properly, possibly jeopardizing any case against the suspect.
- What steps would you takes with the computer to ensure that valuable data are not lost from the computer in the recovery efforts?
- If you are in the process of collecting the computer and see a pornographic picture you know to be illegal, what steps do you take?
- Should you try and determine on scene if there was more pornography on the computer before attempting to remove it from the scene? (explain in detail why or why not)
- Would you simply make a copy of the hard drive on scene and then release the computer back to the owner (explain in detail why or why not)?
- Describe Louisiana state laws regarding child pornography.
Deliverable length 3-5 pages long