Before beginning this exercise, review the lecture, and read Chapters 1, 3, and 4 in the text. Evaluate the Cool Widgets, Inc. (CWI) scenario located in your online classroom.
Identify and explain the primary business issues described in the. Based on your evaluation, explain the business problem that CWI faces. Then using the concept of work as described in your Robertson and Robertson (2015) text, explain the impact the business problem has on the business, users, and other stakeholders. Explain the primary needs a solution must meet in this scenario and what it must accomplish for the business. Include a context diagram depicting the scope of work you have identified from the scenario (see Figure 4.2 in the text for an example).
In your paper,
- Identify the primary business issues described in the CWI scenario.
- Explain the business problem facing CWI.
- Explain the impact the business problem has on the business, users, and other stakeholders.
- Explain the primary needs a solution must meet and accomplish in the CWI scenario.
- Create a context diagram depicting the scope of work.
The Explaining the Business Problem paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.