Case Study: Charlie
Read the case study below and write a 4–5 page essay that addresses the questions that follow the case study.
Case Study — Charlie:
You have been appointed three key roles in the juvenile justice system: Judge, Juvenile Police Officer, and Probation Officer.
Today in court this case was presented.
- Charlie is a 10-year-old boy who has been charged with several counts of shoplifting at a local convenient store.
- Charlie was caught by a juvenile police officer.
- The total of his stolen items was over $100.
- This is the first time he has been in juvenile court.
In juvenile court this case needs to be investigated further before assigning a disposition. To make the best decision for this child the professionals involved must work together. Write a 4–5 page essay answering the following questions. Use APA references as needed in this process.
- What are the roles of these three key players in the juvenile system?
- How will they work together to ensure this child gets the best possible outcome?
- Compare and contrast how these roles are similar and different in the juvenile process.
- Determine a final outcome for the case based on the information you have gathered.