Watch the video. Then, answer the question that follows in a single paragraph.
- Why do you think people are so interested in forensic science?
- How are fingerprints analyzed?
- How does real fingerprint analysis differ from the fingerprint analysis shown on television programs such as CSI?
- Are you surprised to learn that fingerprint analysis is actually subjective, not objective?
- What is the only forensic evidence that experts agree to be 100 percent accurate?
- Who decides whether expert witnesses can testify in court?
- Are you surprised to discover how easy it is to become certified as a forensic scientist?
- After viewing the video, how do you feel about the validity of forensic science?
Second Link: http://edheads.org/activities/crash_scene/
- Were you surprised to learn how much time and effort goes into reconstructing and analyzing a crash scene? Explain.
- What do you think the most difficult part of the process is for officers? Explain.
- Why is crash-scene analysis so important?