1) Why might it be important to briefly consider the peoples’ history of the Valley of Mexico, Central America, and South America before discussing the first peoples of the modern-day United States based on the textbook chapter?
2) How might the history of the Olmec, Maya, Aztec, and Inca encourage us to think differently about the popular narrative/mainstream history of the US?
3) How might this week’s material connect to one of our key terms from last week’s Module 2?
4) What are your thoughts/reactions to Winona LaDuke’s TED Talk, and why might it be significant in our understanding of this week’s material?
5) What were some key points/quotes that resonated with you from this week’s textbook chapter, “Follow the Corn,” and why? Please include specific examples.