Part 1: The Military Experience
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that provides a comprehensive view of the American military experience during World War II. The paper should do the following:
- Identify the causes for American involvement in the war.
- Present an analysis of the major military campaigns of the war. Analyze each of the following military campaigns, including 2 to 3 of the related subtopics, the results of the campaign, and overall success for the Allies. Emphasize the American position in each campaign.
- North African Campaign
- Operation Torch
- Vichy position
- Rommel and Von Amim in North Africa
- Patton and Bradley in North Africa
- Rommel withdraws from El Agheila
- Battle of El Guettar
- Italian Campaign
- Casablanca Conference
- Operation Husky
- Fall of Messina
- Landing at Anzio
- Fall of Rome
- Mussolini’s surrender
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines with a citation for each paragraph and using the template that I have attached. The reference list must be formatted using the APA instructions that I previously posted.
Part 2: The Home Experience
Create an multi slide presentation using Microsoft®PowerPoint® that provides a comprehensive view of the American home front during World War II. Include the following using the template I provide:
- The economic characteristics, such as tax policies, industrial production, employment, and manufacturing
- The political characteristics, such as the evolution of America from isolationism to limited support to full engagement in the war, and how the branches of government worked together to form a cohesive war strategy
- The social characteristics, such as opportunities for women and minorities, internment of Japanese Americans, demographic shifts, leisure activities, and others
Include photographs with references in the slide notes.
Cite your reference sources consistent with APA guidelines from the APA information I submitted on day one of class..
- Each slide you have must be in bullet format with no more than six words per bullet.
- In the bullet notes you must have at least a full paragraph for each bullet and a citation for each paragraph.
- For the picture slides you can not have any writing on the slide itself except the title. Then in the notes put a description of the picture and aFULL APA REFERENCE!
- DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE SLIDES AND ADD A NICE BACKGROUND TO IT!
You may only use the following web link for your pictures. There are some of the prints that were not digitalized, just use the ones that were:
- Make sure you follow the directions above for the pictures!
Make sure you check out whatever you missed on the first presentation and don’t make that mistake again.