After the Civil War, the United States became a much more industrialized society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization improved American life in many ways. However, industrialization also created problems for American society. Consider events that took place after the Civil War and discuss ways that industrialization affected the U.S. between 1865 and 1920.
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you identify three main points relevant to your topic. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
Prompt: Discuss three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920. Identify three (3) specific groups that were affected by industrialization and provide two examples for each group describing how the group was affected.
- United States industrialization improving and creating problems for American society
- Society, the economy, and politics
- Issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, and child labor
- How industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period
- Events that took place after the Civil War
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
- Discuss three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920. In your response, consider society, the economy, and politics.
- Identify three (3) specific groups that were affected by industrialization and provide two examples for each group describing how the group was affected. (Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
- Summarize how industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period. Use specific examples and details.
- Write using relevant explanations, examples, and evidence that logically support ideas.
- Demonstrate correct spelling, grammar, and writing mechanics.
Identify and discuss the different ways that the heritage of slavery, the Civil War, Reconstruction, and segregation have shaped America’s history.
- Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.