After the Civil War, the United States became a much more
industrialized society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization
improved American life in many ways. However, industrialization also
created problems for American society. Consider events that took place
after the Civil War and discuss ways that industrialization affected the
U.S. between 1865 and 1920.
You have already
developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you
identify three main points relevant to your topic. Now you will develop
the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920. In
your response, consider society, the economy, and politics.
three (3) specific groups that were affected by industrialization and
provide two examples for each group describing how the group was
affected. (Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor,
- Summarize how industrialization affected the life of the
average working American during this period. Use specific examples and
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
style or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
- Include a cover page containing the
title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the
course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are
not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
and discuss the different ways that the heritage of slavery, the Civil
War, the Reconstruction, and segregation have shaped America’s history.
and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced
the direction of historical and social development in the United
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.