1. What do you see as the policy implications of insurers having a significant role in the development of health care policy? What are the risks that insurers bring to the health care policy table? What are the positive attributes as well?
2. Why is the separation of the roles and responsibilities important between the Executive Office, Congress and the State? What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages when it comes to the development of health care policy?
3. If you were to select one branch of government as having a predominant role in the health care process which one would it be and why?
4. Do you think it is ethical to charge with a chronic health care condition more for health care coverage? Why or why not? What about a person’s age or gender?
5. How might special interest groups contribute to the rising costs of health care in the U.S.?
6. Where does this put us with regard to the ACA in the policy planning process? What stage do you think we are in with the ACA?