In this activity you will be given primary-source documents to analyze. Use these documents to identify arguments with varying points of view. Be sure to make comments on the passages you highlight while working through the activity.
After reviewing the information and collecting specific support in the Document Analyzer chart, you will write a short essay. Your essay should take a position answering the question “Should President Johnson increase the United States’ troop commitment to South Vietnam in 1965?”
- Strong thesis statement relating to the guiding question
- Distinct introduction, body, and conclusion
- Specific support from the documents analyzed
- Student commentary on the support guides the essay
- Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation throughout
- Formatted according to MLA guidelines
Use this link to take you to the SAS Curriculum Pathways Interactive Lesson.
Student User Name: melody9off