Respond to the following:
- Think about a situation where a presenter had a significant impact on you. Describe the situation and analyze why the presenter was able to make such a strong connection with the audience.
- Complete the following sentence and the explain your answer: “The most important thing I would tell a future ENG315 student about presenting is…”
Week 7 eActivities
- Watch the video Chapter 12, titled “Inventory Management Best Practices for 2012,” (1 hr 1 min 42 s). Be prepared to discuss.
- Use the Internet to research service or product companies; take a note on how they manage their inventories. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 7 Discussion 1
“Management of Inventories” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, examine the best practices found in the video on inventory management.
- From the second e-Activity, choose two service companies that manage inventory and compare and contrast their inventory management systems.
- Based on your evaluation of both inventory management systems from Part 2 of this discussion, propose suggestions to management that would ultimately lead to improve operations.
Week 7 Discussion 2
“Resource Management” Please respond to the following:
- Select a goods-producing organization and a service-providing organization of your choice. Suggest ways each organization can make aggregate planning decisions using the variables described in Exhibit 13.3 (Chapter 13).
- Compare and contrast the operational and managerial impacts of the aggregate planning decisions in terms of customer satisfaction.