In any counseling relationship, there are times when a counselor must breach confidentiality. List some of the reasons that a counselor needs to breach confidentiality.
Second paper 300 words
Confidentiality is the most important part of the ethical code. Many times, however, a counselor may have to breach confidentiality. Cultural competence is an ethical imperative which human service professionals must develop and enhance throughout their careers.
- What are the exceptions to confidentiality?
- How do you feel about having to breach confidentiality once you have gained your client’s trust?
- Support your answers with examples from personal experience and the textbook.
- Describe how human service professionals develop cultural competence.
- Share what strategies you can use to build knowledge of a cultural group you are unfamiliar with.