At the start of a new class, it is wise to consider why you are taking a class, what your previous experience is with the discipline, and what you hope to get out of the class. As a student, you do this process to set goals that you can keep and check-in with so that you can be successful in the class.
Write a 2-3 page letter to your instructor that addresses:
- Who you are you e.g. your goals are in life/school/career? I’m an international student from China, My goal school is UC Davis
- What your experience is with writing positive or negative?
- What goals you have with writing?
- How your teacher and campus resources can help you become the writer you want to be?
- How will you set yourself up for success in the class?