i will upload questions
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Instructions: In class we discussed the logic behind inductive and deductive reasoning, as well as specific examples of each of these types of reasoning. For this activity, you will watch a short scene from the movie Sherlock Holmes (2009) in which Sherlock Holmes uses reasoning to reach conclusions about his friend Dr. Watson’s new fiancé, Mary Morstan. You will then decompose the premises and conclusions of arguments within this scene. Refer to class notes from Units 10 (Logical Reasoning) as well as the Facione and Gittens (2013) readings from each of these units to help you complete this activity.
- Watch the scene from Sherlock Holmes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388-rOzD9SM) and address each of the following:
- Choose two arguments from the scene.
- Identify whether each argument is inductive or deductive.
- Construct the argument using the following format:
- Besides detective work as we saw in the Sherlock Holmes scene, describe in 2-3 sentences a real-life situation that may rely on the use of deductive and inductive reasoning.
Premise #1: _______________________
Premise #2: _______________________
Hint: if an argument you chose is deductive, also make sure to follow the appropriate language template (e.g., denying the consequent, applying a generalization, etc.).
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper