Clinical Decision Support Systems
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
- Review the information in this week’s Learning Resources on CDS systems. Reflect on why and how these systems are used in health care organizations and specific practice settings.
- Search in the Walden Library for an article on a specific CDS system that has recently been researched, implemented, or evaluated. The article you select must have a publication date within the past 3 years.
- Consider the requirements and guidelines (meaningful use, evidence-based practice guidelines, organizational regulations, core measures, etc.) that influenced the design of the CDS system.
- Reflect on the benefits of using this CDS system in a practice setting. Why would an organization implement this specific system? What organizational, legal, or practice-related needs or issues does the system address?
- Reflect on the practice-related problems that the system caused or could cause. For example, do you see an issue with alert fatigue, with too few alerts, with override capabilities, or with some other aspect of the system?
Post a brief summary of the CDS system highlighted in the article you selected, including the practice setting in which it can be or was used and the requirements and guidelines that influenced its design. Explain the benefits of the CDS system to the practice setting. Identify potential problems that could or did arise related to the CDS system.
1. Bredemeyer, J., & Androwich, I. (2012). Transitional research: Generating evidence for practice. In D. McGonigle & K. G. Mastrian (Eds.), Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (pp. 471–485). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
2. McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2015). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
3. Brokel, J. M. (2009). Infusing clinical decision support interventions into electronic health records. Urologic Nursing, 29(5), 345–352.
4. Glaser, J. (2008). Clinical decision support: The power behind the electronic health record. Healthcare Financial Management, 62(7), 46–48, 50–51.
5. Kesselheim, A. S., Cressweel, K., Phansalkar, S., Bates, D. W., & Shiekh, A. (2011). Clinical decision support systems could be modified to reduce “alert fatigue” while still minimizing the risk of litigation. Health Affairs, 30(12), 2310–2317.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper