Unit 1 Forensic science timeline
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Criminalists are active participants in today’s criminal justice system but this has not always been the case. For this assignment, you will create a timeline identifying various forensic science developments and analyzing how these developments influence today’s criminal justice system. After completing your timeline, you will consider how one case study may have evolved differently had it occurred prior to or after the many advancements forensic science has made over the years.
Part A: Forensic Science Timeline
Research the history of forensic science.
Resources: Course Resources
Download the Forensic Science Timeline template for your work to create your own PowerPoint presentation.
Complete a timeline outlining important people, ideas, and events in the forensic science profession which have influenced the criminal justice system.
Include the following in your timeline:
- A minimum of five short biographies outlining the accomplishments of individuals who have influenced forensic science
- An analysis of how each of these individuals contributions has influenced the criminal justice system
- A minimum of five influential court decisions that have impacted how forensic science is used in the criminal justice system
- An analysis of a minimum of three forensic science services and how they have influenced the criminal justice system.
Save your Timeline in the following format: Last name First Name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn_Unit1_Project).
Submit your assignment by selecting the Unit 1: Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 1.
Part B: Case Study Comparison
Research one case study where forensic science analysis had a significant impact on the outcome of the trial.
Identify a point in time on your timeline and describe how this case would have been solved differently had it occurred at that period in time.
Write a 350–500 word summary explaining how this case may have evolved during a different time in history. Consider the following in your summary:
- What clues were available that may not have been at some point in the past?
- How may have this case turned out had different advancements in forensic science not been available?
- What forensic tests and/or examinations were used in the case study you chose and what would the criminal justice system have done if these tests were not available (DNA testing, hair analysis, firearms examination, etc.)?
Save your Case Study Comparison in the following format: Last name First Name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn_Unit1_Project).
Submit your Case Study Comparison by selecting the Unit 1: Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 1.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper