Thematic Essay AFRICAN AMERICAN LITERATURE
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
A final essay, minimum of 7-10 double-spaced pages (NOT INCLUDING WORKS CITED) in length for undergraduates and Eng 501 students. Students will quote all the assigned and optionally selected texts you have read in your comparative analysis of a theme you choose during the semester. Include at least one quote (with supporting evidence to your theme) from each of the required texts you’ve studied during the semester. As well as, three quotes for the exta credit text of your choice. A list “Works Cited” should be included at the end of the essay.
For the theme of my essay I have choosen:
“The dehumanization seen throughout all of the required text/extra credit text and how it lead African Americans to unsubconciously reinterate negative views of themselves amongst each other.”
IT IS NECESSARY TO INCLUDE CLEAR AND PERCISE SUPPORTING EVIDENCE FROM THE ASSIGNED TEXTS.
THIS IS NOT A BOOK REVIEW OR SUMMARY.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STICK TO THE THEME.
Required Texts (I have included hyperlinks to access the texts):
- Equiano, Olaudah. The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Gustavus Vassa, the African, Written by Himself. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15399 (e-text) http://www.gutenberg.org/files/28756/28756_index.html (audio)
- Wilson, Harriet.Our Nig. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/584 (e-text)
- Born in Slavery: Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers’ Project, 1936-1938 https://www.loc.gov/collections/slave-narratives-from-the-federal-writers-project-1936-to-1938/about-this-collection/
- Woodson, Carter G. The Miseducation of the Negro. http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/misedne.html (e-text)
Extra Credit Text (I have included hyperlinks to access the text):
Johnson, James Weldon. The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11012 (e-text)
INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE PROFESSOR:
- MLA Format
- ***THEMATIC TITLE (Use a phrase that is appropriate to the theme of the essay that you’ve written in the text.)
- 1 Inch Margins
- Times New Roman
- 12 Pt Font
- Double Spaced
- Min of 1 Quote from EACH REQUIRED TEXT w/supporting evidence to your theme
- Min of 3 Quotes from the EXTRA CREDIT TEXT w/supporting evidence to your theme
- (PLEASE CORRECT IN TEXT CITATIONS)
- Works Cited
- 1st PERSON ONLY (STAY AWAY FROM THE WORDS… “YOU, KIDS, MOM, DAD, ETC…
***ALL QUOTES NEED TO BE CITED (MLA FORMAT)
*** PLEASE LIMIT THE QUOTES PREFERRABLY TO ONE SENTENCE PER QUOTE
*** YOU MAY USE MORE THAN THE MINMIUM QUOTE REQUIRED
***ALL TEXTS SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE WORKS CITED
*** A MIN OF 7 PAGES OF “ESSAY CONTENT”, WORKS CITED SHOULD NOT COUNT AS A PAGE WITHIN YOUR ESSAY!
Please highlight all quotes use so I can ensure that the minimum requirements are met, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE cite all quotes using MLA FORMAT. If the page number is not found when attempting to cite the quotes, the chapter the quote is in may be used instead.
These are to be direct quotes from the texts, with supporting evidence as to why you feel they relate to the theme. Please try to limit the quotes to one sentence. The Professor has also prohibited the use ellipses.
IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PAPER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME!
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper