RE: SOCW6510 – Assignment 2 (WK8)
Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
A process recording is a written tool used by field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to this week.
The Assignment: (2–4 pages)
- Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client.
- Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice or theories, and explain how it might relate to evaluation covered this week.
- Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
- Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording.
Garthwait, C. L. (2017). The social work practicum: A guide and workbook for students (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. Chapter 3, “Learning from Supervision” (pp. 28-40)
Thyer, B. A. (2013). Evidence-based practice or evidence-guided practice: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet [invited response to Gitterman & Knight’s “evidence-guided practice”]. Families in Society, 94(2), 79–84. Note: Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Wharton, T. C., & Bolland, K. A. (2012). Practitioner perspectives of evidence-based practice. Families in Society, 93(3), 157–164. Note: Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Search for tests that will capture the data you’re interested in. Full text of the tests may not be immediately available through the databases. Discovering the best test for your needs is your first step. Once you have chosen a test, you can learn where to find the full text.
- PsycTESTSPsycTESTS contains access to unpublished (not commercially available) psychological tests, measures, scales, surveys, and other assessments. Each record contains reliability and validity, scope, implementation, and an overview when available. Most records also contain the full text of the instrument.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in PrintMental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print contains reviews of over 3,000 commercially available, English language testing instruments. Reviews contain information about the reliability, validity, and publication details of the testing instruments. A score index that allows users to easily identify what is being measured in individual tests and bibliographic information is also included. Testing instruments fall into many categories such as psychological tests, career inventories, intelligence and aptitude, and personality. There are no full text testing instruments in this database.
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)The Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI) database provides information about approximately 15,000 measurement instruments. The full text instruments are NOT included in HaPI. Instead this database is used to discover instruments on a topic, track the history of an instrument over time, and find publisher information.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper