Within public health, understanding the global health impact on a country outside of the United States can help us understand what is happening within our own communities.
As a public health professional, you may be working within a global health setting. You will be compiling a report on a country of your choice that is classified as either low income or lower-middle income.
For this assignment:
- General Discussion:
- Select a low-income or lower middle-income country. Why did you select this country?
- Discuss background information, such as the size of the population, education, economy, and poverty levels for the country.
- What is the country’s health system, and what percentage of the population is covered?
- Determine the major health issues in the country and why you think they have become health issues.
- Evaluate the main causes of mortality and the contributing factors in the country.
- Assess how culture has played a role in the leading causes of death, and how health behavior is affected by culture.