Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Application: Time-Limited Dynamic Psychotherapy—Case Conceptualization
The field of psychotherapy is moving in a direction where short-or brief-term therapies are in high demand. The reasons for this shift in therapeutic “time” perspective include, to name a few, the evolution and revision of theory that allows the shortening of the typical therapeutic time frame, pressure from managed care organizations to shorten the number of covered psychotherapy sessions, and the adaptation of psychodynamic theory to environments beyond private practice or psychoanalysis. This week, you examine time-limited dynamic psychotherapy (TLDP), a short-term psychodynamic therapy considered more medium-term length than other therapeutic approaches espousing a “short-term” focus.
In this Application Assignment, you evaluate Case Study: Sam through the lens of time-limited dynamic psychotherapy. Developing a comprehensive case conceptualization is a challenging exercise that requires you to integrate what you know about the client with what you understand about a theory and apply that information to a working treatment plan. This process requires you to develop a preliminary diagnosis and to evaluate the unique contextual considerations each client brings to treatment, in this instance, Sam, from this week’s case study. Because case conceptualization is such a complex process, a Case Conceptualization Exemplar is provided as a guide.
To prepare for this assignment:
Discern some of the basic techniques associated with psychodynamic and brief therapies.
- Review Dr. Norcross’ course media presentation “Psychodynamic Orientation Foundations”. Pay particular attention to his discussion on short or brief psychodynamic therapies.
- Review Case Study: Sam and begin to develop a preliminary diagnosis of Sam’s presenting problems.
- Download and familiarize yourself with the Case Conceptualization Exemplar and the Case Conceptualization Template.
- Review this week’s assigned articles on short-term psychodynamic theories, and think about conceptualizing Case Study: Sam from a short-term psychodynamic perspective, specifically time-limited dynamic psychotherapy (TLDP).
- Review, if necessary, Chapters 1, 2, and 3 in Clinical Process: From Conceptualization to Treatment Planning. Think about how you can use the information from these chapters when you conceptualize Case Study: Sam.
- Consider the benefits and challenges of using a short-term psychodynamic therapy. Think about how you would address the challenges.
- Consult the DSM-5 and review Case Study: Sam. Formulate a preliminary diagnosis for Sam’s presenting issues.
- Review this week’s Web sites for empirically supported treatments appropriate for your diagnosis of Sam’s presenting issues. (The ESTs should also support TLDP.)
The assignment: (The completed template should be 2-3 pages)
- Complete the Case Conceptualization Template for Case Study: Sam through the lens of time-limited dynamic psychotherapy. Practice your evidence-based practice skills by using empirically supported treatments.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course. Keep in mind the importance of using empirically supported research to support your points of view.