Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
View one of the movies listed below. Write a 1250 word minimum essay contextualizing the movie within the matrix of concepts, personalities, and jazz music examined in this course. In general, think of this essay as a “critical analysis” in which you need to explain any personal opinions that you assert. Please address the following points:
• Give a brief (1 paragraph) biographical sketch of the principal character/musician.
• Socially and musically, how is the principal character portrayed?
• What historical phase of the development of jazz does the principal character belong to?
• How does the life and music of the principal character reflect the issues we’ve examined in relation to that historical phase?
• Describe the narrative of the film. How does the story unfold? – This is the core of you movie review.
- Young Man with a Horn (about Bix Beiderbeck) 1949
- The Glen Miller Story (1953)
- The Benny Goodman Story (1955)
- The Five Pennies (about Red Nichols) 1959
- Lady Sings the Blues (about Billie Holliday) 1972
- Round Midnight (about Dexter Gordon) 1986
- Bird (about Charlie Parker) 1988
- The Mambo Kings (about the Castillo brothers) 1992
- Sweet and Lowdown (about Emmet Ray) 1999
- For Love or Country (about Arturo Sandoval) 2001
- Ray (about Ray Charles) 2004
- De-lovely (about Cole Porter) 2004
- El Cantate (about Hector Lavoe) 2007
- Bolden! (about Buddy Bolden) 2015
- Miles Ahead (about Miles Davis) 2015
- Born to be Blue (about Chet Baker) 2016