Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
I. Read Chapter 1 of the Howard Zinn Book, A People’s History of the United States http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/zinncol1.html (Links to an external site.)
II. Answer the following questions. (Please type questions first and answer underneath.)
Remember: This is a college level course. Your responses should reflect as much. High level and detailed answers are the expectations.
1. What conclusions can be made about the Arawaks, their culture, and temperament?
2. What was Columbus promised if he was successful in his exploration attempts?
3. Who was Rodrigo and why is he significant? Have you ever read or known of of Rodrigo before reading this chapter? If not, why do you think that is?
4. Why did Columbus think the Arawak Indians had large amounts of gold?
5. What was the ultimate fate of the Arawak Indians?
6. How did Columbus receive the reward of a second expedition?
7. In what ways did the Arawak Indians resist/fight back the Spaniards?
8. What does LaCasa’s views of Columbus and the Spaniards offer to the study of history?
9. What is genocide? How does it connect to the story of Columbus and the Arawak Indians?
10. Record the three most important things that Zinn says about the writing of history. Briefly evaluate his assertions.
11. Zinn says, “What Columbus did to the Arawaks of the Bahamas, Cortes did to the Aztecs of Mexico, Pizarro to the Incas of Peru, and the English settlers of Virginia and Massachusetts to the Powhatans and the Pequots.” What did they do to these various groups of Indians?
12 – What do you think about Howard Zinn’s approach to history? What did you like or dislike?
13 -Why does the study of Exploration and Colonization Still Matter Today?(At leas 1 full Paragraph (5 Sentences))
*will be check for Plagiarism.
Please if you not gonna do it just tell me so I can manage ! don’t just ignore it.