Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Should We Withhold Life Support? The Mr. Martinez Case
- Should We Withhold Life Support? The Mr. Martinez Case Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella University Library.
- Case Study: Mr. Martinez.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Articulate ethical issues in health care.
- Articulate the moral issues associated with limiting life support.
- Competency 2: Apply sound ethical thinking related to a health care issue.
- Explain important considerations that arise when contemplating limiting life support.
- Demonstrate sound ethical thinking and relevant ethical principles when considering limiting life support.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with health care professionals.
- Exhibit proficiency in clear and effective academic writing skills.
Reflect on the case study from this unit’s studies about Mr. Martinez. Should Mr. Martinez be transferred to intensive care, where his respiratory failure can be treated by a ventilator, and by CPR if necessary, and his oxygen level can be monitored? Assume that doctors cannot contact Mrs. Martinez and must make this choice on their own. To help you reach an objective, ethically sound decision, draw upon concepts and arguments from Chapter 7 of your text and independent research. Support your response with clear, concise, and correct examples, weaving and citing the readings and media throughout your answer.
In your paper, address the following:
- The patient’s directives.
- The patient’s quality of life.
- The family’s stated preferences.
- The moral issues associated with limiting life support.
- The ethical principles most relevant to reaching an ethically sound decision.
- Important considerations such as implications, justifications, and any conflicts of interest that might arise because of the patient’s respiratory failure.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.