Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This written assignment focuses on the procedural steps and requirements in a criminal case from the time of trial to appeal.
For this assignment, review and study U.S. Supreme Court opinion, Riley v. California, 573 U.S. 783 (2014).
Click here for a link to the U.S. Supreme Court opinion.
***Note – the “syllabus” of the case is only a summary of the case and it is NOT the actual opinion. Be sure to read the full opinions.
For this assignment, be sure to rely on information from the “Opinion” part of the document and not from the “syllabus”.
After you have reviewed and studied the opinion, prepare a paper that answers the following questions: —Do not prepare your information in a list. Write your paper in proper paragraphs.
- Give a summary of the facts of the alleged crime, including city and state where the crime occurred.
- What crime was the suspect arrested for? (state or federal crime?)
- What crime was the suspect charged with? (state or federal crime?)
- Did the suspect have a prior criminal history?
- Was there a jury trial?
- What was the outcome of the jury trial?
- What happened after the suspect was convicted?
- Did he appeal?
- How did the case get to the U.S. Supreme Court?
- Identify and discuss the legal issue(s) discussed in the Supreme Court opinion.
- Give detailed discussion of the Constitutional issues raised on appeal.
- For example, was there a Fifth Amendment Miranda issue?
- Was evidence excluded?
- What was the outcome of the case on appeal?
- What was the Court’s analysis of the Constitutional issue?
- Was the conviction affirmed, reversed, remanded?
- In detail, describe the impact that this case had on criminal procedure and/or the authority of law enforcement officers to obtain to conduct a search or seizure.
Please be sure to prepare your assignment following APA citation and format requirements. You must include proper citations to any source you relied on for information that you include in your paper.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: