Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 9 Assignment
Application: Writing an Effective Report in the Field of Criminal Justice
The sooner you record an incident, the less likely you are to accidentally omit something important. If your report is written well and accurate, it is easier for others to understand and use to make more informed judgments and decisions. Familiarizing yourself with the different types of reports that are used in the field of criminal justice makes writing an effective report less grueling. Mastering the five Wâ€™s and H (who, what, when, where, why and how), preferred sentence construction, and direct statements help to enhance accuracy and readability of your reports.
For this Assignment, review the different types of reports that are used by law enforcement and by probation and parole officers. Create your own report using a hypothetical example of a crime that was committed or that pertains to a probationer or parolee. Then, examine any challenges you encountered when completing the report. In addition, consider how this type of report may be used in your current role or in a role in criminal justice in which you might be interested in working in the future.
The Assignment: (1 page)
- Select a type of report (e.g., a police report, a probation report, or a parole report) that you find most interesting
- Create your own report using a hypothetical example of a crime that was committed or that pertains to a probationer or parolee
Submit your report along with the following: (1â€“2 pages)
- Explain any challenges you encountered when completing the report
- Explain how this type of report may be used in your current role or in a role in criminal justice in which you might be interested in working in the future
By Day 7, submit your Assignment.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Week 9 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources.
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writerâ€™s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 11, â€Writing a Police Reportâ€
- Chapter 12, â€œWriting Probation and Parole Reportsâ€
Please proceed to the Discussion.