Our academic writers are ready and waiting to assist with any assignment you may have. From simple essays to full dissertations, you're guaranteed we've got a writing expert to perfectly match your needs.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
TEN QUESTIONS MULTIPLE CHOICE!
1. Biopsychology includes all of the following subfields EXCEPT
2. The neurotransmitter Acetylcholine is associated with which receptor?
A.a) Muscarinic and nicotinic
B.b) NMDA, APPA, and kainite
C.c) H1, H-2, and H-3
D.d) GABA-A and GABA-B
3. True or False: The complete network of all nerve cells in the human body is divided into two systems, the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
4. The control of hormonal release by the pituitary gland works predominantly on the basis of
A.a) Negative feedback
B.b) Growth hormone
C.c) Follicle-stimulating hormone
5. If you took a second to count every neuron in an average adult human brain it would take over:
A.a) 30,000 years
B.b) 10,000 years
C.c) 1,000 years
D.d) 100 years
6. According to Descartes, the site at which the mind and body interacted in the brain was the:
A.a) Pituitary gland
C.c) Pineal gland
D.d) Lateral ventricles
7. The discovery of the Golgi technique was important in the advancement of brain anatomy because:
A.a) It only stained axons enabling the brain’s pathways to be mapped out
B.b) It was the first stain that ‘worked’ on brain neurons
C.c) It caused brain cells to fluoresce
D.d) It only stained a small number of brain cells in any piece of tissue
8. The person who discovered the chemical basis of neurotransmission was:
A.a) Otto Loewi
B.b) Charles Sherrington
C.c) Luigi Galvani
D.d) Ramon y Cajel
9. During the neuron’s resting state, large amounts of positive ______ ions are found in the extracellular fluid, whereas relatively more positive ______ ions are found inside the cell.
A.a) Chloride, anions
B.b) Sodium, potassium
C.c) Potassium, chloride
D.d) Sodium, lithium
10. When the action potential reaches the axon terminal it stimulates the release of neurotransmitter by causing ______ to fuse with the axonal membrane.
A.a) Calcium ions
B.b) Sodium ions
C.c) Cyclic AMP
D.d) Synaptic vesic
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? In a world where academic success does not come without efforts, we do our best to provide the most proficient and capable essay writing service. After all, impressing professors shouldn’t be hard, we make that possible. If you decide to make your order on our website, you will get 15 % off your first order. You only need to indicate the discount code GET15.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper